When Sambourne and his wife Marion died, the house passed to their son, then on his death in 1946 it then passed to his sister and then to her daughter, Lady Rosse. During this time the house was largely unchanged, and Lady Rosse, a founder of the Victorian Society.
The the Victorian Society eventually opened the house to the public in 1980 and in 1989 passed ownership to the Royal Borough of Kensington and Chelsea. It is now open for guided tours only on Wednesdays at 11.15am and 2.15pm, and tours by guides in period costume on Saturdays and Sundays at 11.15am (not costumed), 1pm, 2.15pm and 3.30pm, at a price of £6. There are also evening tours in December.
For more information, visit http://www.rbkc.gov.uk/linleysambournehouse/
Click here to see the location on a map.